Joseph Goldie and Dwight W. Heberling formed a partnership in 1906 when they bought out the liquor store owned by James Secord located at 604 Second Avenue. Heberling left the business in 1907. In 1909, Joseph Goldie formed a new partnership with William W. Klenert who had owned and operated the Castle Bar in Seattle located at 201 Yesler Way which had been in operation between 1903-1909. When Goldie and Klenert became partners, they renamed the business the Goldie-Klenert Distributing Company and the new company remained at 604 Second Avenue until Prohibition in 1915. They then moved the operation to Stockton, California and remained in business there until 1919.
N. W. Phillips opened the Caledonian Liquor Co. at 1130 D St in 1913 and remained at that location until sometime in 1914. He then moved the business around the corner to 11th & Market St. where he combined the liquor business with a grocery operation. His company motto was "Where Ladies can Trade" is found both in newsprint and on the shot glass associated with his company. He remained in the liquor business until prohibition in 1915.
James "Jimmie" Durkin (1859-1934) gained notoriety in the Inland Empire of Eastern Washington as Spokane's legendary liquor tycoon. By 1872 he was working in a bar. Eventually Durkin moved on to learning the wholesale liquor business in Perham, Minnesota, where on August 8, 1882, he married Margaret Daily and they went on to have three sons and two daughters. In 1886 Durkin headed out west to Washington Territory. He arrived in Colville W.T. and with the $2,500 he'd saved, Durkin opened Colville's 10th liquor outpost. Within a few years his nest-egg had grown into a small fortune totaling over $65,000. The draw of the big city attracted Durkin and in the spring of 1897 he relocated in Spokane. Durkin eventually had three shops (at 702 Sprague Avenue, 121 Howard Street, and 415 W Main Avenue) which lasted until Prohibition in 1915.
Harry Tarnow began in the Seattle liquor business working for Jaffe and Company and was its Secretary-Treasurer in 1898. He opened his own company located in a storefront at 215 2nd Ave. S. between 1907-1911 and was associated with the brand "Old Sport" whiskey.
Frank G. Kellogg and Ernest M. Ford started their liquor business in Tacoma in 1896. They were first listed in Yakima at No. 8 South First St. in 1903 and by 1904 Ford had the Yakima location all to himself which in later years became known as the Ford
Liquor Company. Kellogg and his wife Josephine located their business at 1105 South K St. and in later years the business had moved to 1122 South J St which they owned until Prohibition in 1915. Kellogg died in January 1916 from the effects of a paralytic stroke at the age of 59.
Rodger D. Levy and Emil Ofner started the Everett Liquor Company sometime in 1902 and it was located at 1903 Hewett Avenue in Everett. This area of town was known as the saloon district which at the time had 26 different saloons on Hewett Avenue alone. Levy and Ofner were one of the few business doing both a wholesale and retail wine and liquor business and by 1904 were giving out Green Stamps with every purchase. Levy bought out Ofner in 1905 and continued at the same location until the city temporarily shut down all saloons in 1911. They reopened on January 1, 1913 when Everett voters repealed the "Local Option Dry Law" and the business was then located at 1403 Hewett Avenue and under the management of Fred G. Brown. The company lasted until state-wide Prohibition in 1915.